Bullet R1 V2 By Aillio
The Aillio Bullet R1 V2 is a revolutionary patent induction heating coil coffee roaster for our industry's professional and domestic Roasters.
The Aillio Bullet R1 V2 is a 1kg capacity, induction-powered, true drum coffee roaster with a uniquely modern look. The Bullet R1 V2 is the second-generation Bullet, designed in Denmark and built in Taiwan to exceptional international CB quality standards.
It can be operated via the touchpad interface or via PC / Mac / Linux software, allowing for precise control of power, airflow, and drum speed. Because the Bullet R1’s drum is heated via a patented induction system, it is far more sensitive to mid-roast adjustments than other electric roasters, imparting a feel more akin to roasting with gas.
Why use induction?
Whereas traditional electric roasters must rely on heating elements to indirectly heat the drum, the Bullet R1 uses induction instead. Eliminating the need for a heating element accomplishes a few different things.
- It eliminates energy waste, effectively transforming the Bullet R1 into one of the world’s greenest roasters.
- It drastically increases the responsiveness of the machine, lending it a feel more akin to gas roasters than traditional electric roasters, as any mid-roast adjustments to the power level are instantaneous.
- It allows us to pack an incredible amount of heat into the Bullet, reducing its footprint without sacrificing its power, so that you can roast 1kg batches of coffee just about anywhere, with none of the setup headaches associated with gas roasters.
The IBTS: What is it? Why does it matter?
The Bullet R1 V2 includes a brand new, patent-pending infrared bean temperature sensor (IBTS) which, in a world-first, offers lag-free, ultra-accurate roast profiling, unaffected by batch size.
The infrared bean temperature sensor (IBTS) is our patent-pending solution to a big problem in data-driven coffee roasting: bad bean temperature data. Professional roasters have long known that their bean probe is lying to them, vulnerable to a variety of variables that make it difficult to match profiles of different batch sizes across different machines.
The problem is inherent in the very nature of traditional bean probes: they are not all the same, and they are slow to react to bean temperature changes.
We sidestep these limitations by providing a new way to measure the temperature of the bean mass in the drum: infrared. No lag. Consistent across batch sizes. Good data. You’ll know what temperature first crack will coming in at every time you roast.
Simply put, it’s a better way to roast coffee, and another Aillio exclusive.
The RoasTime and Roast.World Ecosystem
RoasTime is Aillio’s proprietary roast profiling software. You can use the software to both monitor and control your roasts on the Bullet R1. It is 100% free and available for Mac, PC, and Linux systems.
Every change your make during a roast — whether through the software or manually — is logged. Power, fan and drum speed settings, the change in bean temperature, and even the ROR (rate of rise) is stored in each roast profile. This data, when paired with your own cupping notes, will help you level-up your roasting skills.You can *see* each roast, from start to finish, and begin to understand what roasting techniques works best for a particular bean.
But the RoasTime software does much more than log your roasts. It also allows you to Playback roasts automatically — or alternatively, to create your own “Roast Recipes” that trigger automatic changes in Power, Fan, and Drum settings according to either time or bean temperature parameters during the course of a roast.
In addition to all this, RoasTime also connects you to our Roast.World online platform through the Aillio ID system. Here you can analyze your roasts on the web, produce detailed cupping notes, download profiles and recipes from other users, and manage your bean inventories.
You can also visit the online forum to discuss your Bullet R1 experience with kindred spirits. The Roast.World project is still in its infancy, and we have been improving it incrementally over time, with a major overhaul and new features coming soon.
Designed in Denmark. Made in Taiwan. Built to last.
Aillio’s mission from the very beginning was to produce the world’s best coffee roaster for homes and small cafes.
We do not cut corners, but rather select components that are built to last. We work closely with our manufacturers and suppliers, too, and carry out QC checks on a regular basis.
Much of the Bullet R1 has been ‘over-engineered’ to ensure a long product life cycle.
- Laser cut stainless steel 304 constructions.
- Precision CNC milled aluminum front plate and door.
- High-temp nylons that don’t go brittle over time.
- Electronic components from Japan, USA and Europe.
- All capacitors are rated at between 6000-10000 hrs – best in class.
The Bullet R1 is the smallest 1kg capacity roaster on the market, and it plugs into any standard electrical 10amp power point, making it ideal for both sample batch roasting in a lab or to compliment the ultimate set up for the home enthusiast.
Specialty coffee roasting labs can take advantage of the Bullet’s sensitivity and accuracy for sample batch roasts and quality control, while home users can enjoy consistent, professional quality roasts to share with friends and family.
Features and Technical Specifications
- Induction heating system with over 95% efficiency
- Input Voltage: 100V-127V & 220V-240V – 50Hz-60Hz
- Power Requirement: 1550W
- Maximum Recommended Ambient Temperature: 30°C
- Drum: Multi-vane, 5.9L solid drum
- DExhaust Fan: 78mm removable aluminum centrifugal fan for easy cleaning
- Bean Loading: Through funnel
- Bean Ejection: Manual
- Bean Cooling Tray: Detachable. Fan Cooling. Connected to underside of roaster
- Bean Roast Temp: Max 245°C
- Chaff Collector: Detachable. Empty every 2-3kg of roasting
- Roast Capacity: Maximum 1000g, Minimum 100g (fastest roasting for 1kg to first crack is 10-12min)
- Monthly Capacity: 100kg
- Size: L: 59cm W 31cm: H:42cm (L:75cm including bean cooler)
- Weight 14KG
- Warranty: 2 years
Cleaning and Maintenance Videos